Preparation time :
Cooking time :
Aromatic and tasty, with the perfect amount of spice, this dish is a feast for the eyes (and the stomach!)
3 stem(s) (edible portion)
6 shallot(s), medium size
5 chilli(s), vary according to personal preference
10 g, 5cm
15 g, 6cm, sliced
Vegetable oil blend,
3 teaspoon(s), 1 tbsp
Chicken breast, lean, raw,
600 g, cut into serving size pieces
100 ml, combined with 2 cups water
Potato, any type,
2 medium potato(s), cut into 4cm cubes
1. Grind lemongrass, shallots, dried chilli, turmeric, garlic and ginger into a paste using a blender or mortar and pestle.
2. Heat oil on high in a wok or saucepan and add ground curry paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Reduce heat slightly, add chicken and stir so that it is well-coated with curry paste. Add coconut milk and salt and stir well.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add potatoes and cook gently, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked and the chicken is tender.
|Nutrition details per portion
|- Saturated Fat||-
|- Monounsaturated Fat||-
|- Polyunsaturated Fat||-
|- Omega 3 Fat||-
|- Trans Fat||-
|- Dietary Fibre||1.7g